Smoked Salmon Crème Fraiche Shot with Spinach and Cherry Tomato Confit
Makes approx 12 to 16 shots
150 gr fresh salmon
120 gr smoked salmon
2 tbs spoon of fresh grated ginger
3 tbs of lemon juice
160 gr of Crème fraiche (extra for decora on)
1 tbs of Oregano A splash of cooking white wine Olive oil Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 120o C
- To prepare the tomato con t, halve the tomatoes and put them on baking parchment on a baking tray, sprinkle with the Oregano, close the paper to make a packet and bake in the oven for one and a half hours. Remove and allow to cool.
- Heat the oven to 180 oC. For the salmon mousse, cook the fresh salm- on in foil with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, white pepper and a splash of white wine in the oven at 180o C for about 15 minutes
- Cool the salmon, making sure the salmon is completely cold before mixing with the smoked salmon, lemon juice, Basil, Dill, Crème fraiche, ginger, salt and pepper and put in the fridge to chill for two hours.
- For the Spinach puree, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add Spin- ach and cook for one minute. Drain and cool in a bowl of water and ice cubes.
- Dry the spinach and put in a blender with a couple of ice cubes, salt and pepper, un l pureed
- Divide the salmon mousse mixture between the shot glasses, nishing each one o with a layer of spinach puree, a small quenelle of Crème fraiche and some tomato confit.
Sasso Restaurant opened in 1998. It is a restaurant aimed at providing authentic italian cuisine and has a strong Bolognese orientation due to the chef, Stefano Lancellotti, being from Sasso Marconi, just outside Bologna. Bologna is the central city in the region Emilia Romagna. This region is renowned for its Parmesan cheese, Proscuitto ham and most importantly, its fresh egg pasta.